[PyKDE] PyKDE-3.7-3 Available

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Aug 8 19:30:01 BST 2003

I've put a new release up on SourceForge (PyKDE-3.7-3) at

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/pykde

This is to cover the KFileShare.setShare problem which is causing
compile errors with some distributions. THIS ONLY AFFECTS PyKDE
ON KDE 3.1.2.

In sip/kfileshare.sip I've made the following modification:

%If ( KDE_3_1_2 - KDE_3_1_3 )
//SuSE    static bool setShared (const QString&, bool, bool);
//Others    static bool  setShared (const QString&, bool);
%End

If you don't think you'll need KFileShare.setShared, you can
leave it as is. To enable the method, uncomment the line that
matches your distribution (SuSE or Others so far - I'm not sure
which distributions need the same declaration as SuSE).

This is the only fix I plan for this problem, and I've added a
README.KFileShare which contains the information in this
message. It's too much of hack to try and fix it any other way.

If you've already downloaded PyKDE-3.7-2, you only need to worry
about this if you're running KDE 3.1.2. In that case, you can
edit the file or download the new tarball.

Jim