[PyKDE] More documention?

Larry Wright larry.tami at gte.net
Thu Aug 7 04:04:01 BST 2003

DISCLAIMER: I'm biased. I work for theKompany part time.

That said, you may want to check out PyQtDoc:

http://www.thekompany.com/products/pyqtdoc/
It's quite good. I use it regularly, and find it indispensible.

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 04:02 pm, Peter Clark wrote:
 	Between the example programs packaged with PyQt and Boudewijn Rempt's book,
 I've been able to make pretty decent headway in learning PyQt through trial
 and error. However, at this point, I'm mostly parroting what I see, with
 only a vague comprehension as to what's going on. For example, take
 QMessageBox. What are the arguments that can be passed to it? I tried

 >>> help(QMessageBox)

 but that was decidedly _un_helpful. I'm currently using this code:

 message = QMessageBox.warning(self, "Unsaved Record",
                 "Warning, changes have not been saved. Quit?",
                 "Yes", "No", None, 1, 0)

 If "Yes" is selected, then it returns "0", otherwise "1". Great. I assume
 that the "1" argument is responsible, but what arguments do "None" and "0"
 supply? Is there anything that lists PyQt's functions and their arguments
 somewhere? Surely there must be some more nitty-gritty documentation as to
 how everything works?

 	:Peter