[PyKDE] KDE XML GUI ActionLists

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Wed Apr 23 18:01:00 BST 2003

Jim Bublitz wrote:
> Change your KMainWindow to KParts.MainWindow and be sure to do this:

Odd. So the ActionList merging depends on the KParts infrastructure.
Very odd.

Hmm... I think this fixes it as a side effect. I just searched the
kde-devel mailing list archives (Why didn't I do this before? Your guess
is as good as mine), and found the following thread:

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-devel&m=101465392909963&w=2

My createGUI call uses the default value for the second parameter,
conserveMemory = true, so the DOM is thrown away afterwards which stops
plugActionList from working. Specifying false should make plugActionList
work while still inheriting from KMainWindow.

The KParts.MainWindow createGUI method probably passes false to the real
createGUI method which is why it seems to fix the problem.

I'm such a dumbass, sorry for wasting your time with this.

Ciao,
Gordon