[PyKDE] KDE XML GUI ActionLists

Gordon Tyler gordon at doxxx.net
Tue Apr 22 18:09:01 BST 2003

Jim Bublitz wrote:
> I'm not sure if this fits your application, but KMainWindow owns a
> KActionCollection, so assuming the above is a KMainWindow method,
> you could replace the 'None' with 'self.actionCollection ()' and
> then change the call to:

According the documentation I've found for ActionList, this is the one
case where one must *not* use the actionCollection() as the parent.

Have a look at the "Dynamical menus" section:
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/xmlgui.html

> well, so that won't work right now either. If you want to try it,
> in kaction.sip:

I don't have access to the code and machine right now, so I'll give it a
try this evening.

> Sorry for the bugs - I'm killing 'em as fast as I can.

Hey, I'm gratified that there are so few 8)

Ciao,
Gordon