[PyKDE] Prob: compilation Slackware 9.0 and pyQt [Error]

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Mon Apr 21 12:24:00 BST 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 09:39:20AM +0200, Van Winnendaele Lionel wrote:
> I have this error with pyQt, I have already compiled SIP:
>
> How can I reslove that ?

Time for a FAQ entry on this, methinks. How about:

Building PyQt

<h3>Why does the build claims there's no QDateTimeEdit::layoutEditors
   method?</h3>

Probably you're building a PyQt version previous to 3.6 against Qt v3.1.2
or later. PyQt v3.5 only supports up to Qt version 3.1.1, and it shouldn't
be a problem, but Trolltech's made a very rare incompatible API change
between 3.1.1 and 3.1.2: they substracted layoutEditors method from
QDateTimeEdit class. To solve this, you can either:

<ul>
  <li>get the latest PyQt, if there's a 3.6 or later available, (3.6
      wasn't out yet at the moment of writing this), or a development
      snapshot otherwise.</li>
  <li>edit sip/qdatetimeedit.sip, and remove the layoutEditors
      declaration (about line 234, or so)</li>
</ul>