[PyKDE] can not load xml ui resource file?

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Apr 20 19:02:00 BST 2003

On 20-Apr-03 Paul Pacheco wrote:
> I am trying to create a KMainWindow in PyKDE and I am having
> problems trying to create the ui from an xml rc file.

> I tried the example in examples3 by doing:
> cd examples3
> python xmlmenudemo.py

> and I see the exact same problem.
> not everything in xmlmenudemoui.rc is being displayed. in
> particular the Demo menu, the SpecialActionName action, and the
> toolbar does not contain any of the things listed in the rc
> file.

> It seems only the standard actions are being shown. Am i doing
> something wrong?

My xmlmenudemoui.rc works on KDE2.1.1 and KDE3.0.0 and fails on
KDE3.1.1 in the way you described. I'm not sure at the moment
whether it's a bug in PyKDE or a change in the way KDE implements
xmlgui stuff. I'll check into it and let you know as soon as I can.

examples3/menudemo.py works, so it appears to be a problem only with
KXMLGUI.

When reporting a bug, it would help to know which versions of KDE
and sip/PyQt/PyKDE you're using, and also the distribution you're
running

Jim