[PyKDE] PyQt - undefined symbol

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sat Apr 19 18:16:01 BST 2003

On 19-Apr-03 Erik Dahlgren wrote:
> Both my python and qt versions are from RH9. When running nm on
> libqtcmodule.so I get

>          U PyUnicode_Type
>          U PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode
> 002e3190 t _Z18QStringToPyUnicodeP7QString

> In libpython2.2.a there is 'U PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode' so they
> seem to agree. There are no symbols in my libqt-mt.so in my qt
> lib dir. There is no  such file in the site-packages dir.

> I guess it is time for that goat then...

It should be a young goat, but I don't believe it has to be a
virgin ...

I just got up and both my wife and the pickup are gone, which means
either that she's left me because I spend too much time on PyKDE or
else she's gone to the lumberyard and I'm going to spend the rest
of the day building a frame for the solar heater for the swimming
pool. Suffice it to say there's no way I'm getting out of that. At
least she'll do the plumbing.

I'm out of possibilities at the moment and may have been on the
wrong track (or else there's another lib involved somewhere I don't
know about). The only other thing I can think of is for me to get
RH9 installed and see what happens, but that's going to take a few
days.

Is 'ncsu' the place in Raleigh, NC? I spent a week there one summer.
It's a beautiful campus, but I think the 's' stands for 'sweat',
doesn't it? It sure was hot and humid.

Stay tuned and I'll see what I can figure out; let me know if you
find a fix.

Jim