[PyKDE] HELP default Qt/PyQt fonts does not show

michael ferraro michael at possibleworlds.com
Mon Apr 7 22:37:01 BST 2003

I have successfully insalled Qt3.0 and PyQt 3.5 (and the rest of the
extensions that I need) under MacOS X10.2 with apple's X11. Things seem
to be working quite well -- except-- The default font used by Qtdesigner
and examples like examples3/widgets.py  does not show up.  Instead
they show a quad-box in place of each letter.  I have discoverd that
xfs (x font server) is broken in Mac's X11 so that's not turn on.

I have checked that Qt was built with the freetype library (xft)
the xft config file looks good, the X11 server has the RENDER
extension.

I some vague reference to a .qt/qtrc file in which you can turn
off xft. But, I couldn't find any description of the file format and
my attemps have been rejected as being improperly formatted

Can anyone shed any light on what I might try next !!