[PyKDE] Re: PyQT on Mandrake 9.1 issues

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Mon Apr 7 00:35:01 BST 2003

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:11 am, Richard Jones wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:02 am, Nigel Rowe wrote:
> > The source RPM, contains the source (surprise), any patch files that are
> > required and a spec file.  The spec file specifies how to patch,
> > configure, build, install and package the resulting binaries and
> > documentation.
>
> OK, where do I find one of these source RPMs? I can't find a reference to
> them anywhere on the Mandrake website...

Right, I think I figured this out. Some of the Mandrake mirrors have the SRPMS
in their trees. After fetching qt3-3.1.1-13mdk.src.rpm, and running "rpm
--rebuild qt3-3.1.1-13mdk.src.rpm", I hit <ctrl-C> just at the point when the
compilation started (I couldn't find an rpm option to just unpack the SRPM
into the RPMS dir). I cd'ed to the /usr/src/RPM directory where I edited the
spec file as per the patch you supplied, and hand-decoded the base64'ed patch
file (I'm working from the archived mailing list page at
http://mats.gmd.de/pipermail/pykde/2003-April/004925.html) using the base64
module (gotta love Python :) and cut-n-paste. I'm now running "rpm --bi
qt3.spec" and have my fingers crossed :)

   Richard