[PyKDE] Segmentation faults with PyQt

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Sun Sep 29 16:56:00 BST 2002

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Gerard Vermeulen wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 01:00:06PM +0200, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > I managed to get the latest snapshot to compile, and it can run simple
> > examples, like tut1.py. But eric, for instance, still segfaults as soon as I
> > try to open a file.
> >
> > I should have saved an earlier version of PyQt so I could at least use my
> > apps...
> >
> Ingo is right, you should have some conflict between Qt, sip, sip modules
> modules in your Python library directory and PyQt modules. Eric runs as do
> my own apps.

That what I should think -- and in fact I do have two sips, two pythons
and to PyQt's, but the build process tells me it is only using the the
Python and sip in /usr/local, not the one in /usr. The weirdest thing
is that even if I install precompiled binaries, that shouldn't exhibit
these problems, on a machine that has been completely emptied of PyQt
and sip, I still get segfaults.

I'm going to try with an older version Ricardo pointe me to. If that
doesn't work on my machines, I'm afraid I'll have to re-install Linux
again...