[PyKDE] PyQt-x11-gpl-3.4.1 works on OS X 10.2 (aka jaguar)

Ivan Porres iporres at abo.fi
Thu Sep 12 10:22:00 BST 2002

PyQt-x11-gpl-3.4.1 works on Jaguar!

I have managed to compile it myself. However, I have not updated the
build.py to support this platform (yet).

Steps:

Install Xdarwin (www.xdarwin.org)
Install Fink   (fink.sourceforge.net)
Install qt3 for X11 from Fink. You will need to build from sources, type

 fink install qt3

Read carefully http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php. Read it
again.

Build SIP:

Use build.py to create the makefiles and then edit the makefiles by hand.
You should change the LDFLAGS to

LFLAGS   = -flat_namespace -bundle -undefined suppress

Build. Rename the target. It should be called libsip.so instead of
libsip.(version).dylib

Build PyQT:

Use build.py to create the makefiles and then edit the makefiles by hand.
You should change the LDFLAGS to

LFLAGS   = -flat_namespace -bundle -undefined suppress

Remove -lsip from the list of libraries. In OS X it is not possible to link
against a loadable module. Some modules, i.e. Qtcanvas, link against the
main qtcmoude, remove these from the list of libraries also.

Edit the pyuic3 makefile so it links against -lz

LIBS     = $(SUBLIBS)  -L$(QTDIR)/lib -lqt-mt -lz

Build. Rename the targets to something like libqtc.so, libqtcanvasc.so,
etc...

Enjoy.

Ivan