[PyKDE] Pb building PyQt/PyKDE

Jerome Martin jerome.martin at alma.fr
Mon Sep 9 12:32:01 BST 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to build PyQt-3.3 on Mandrake8.2. I have tried the following
command:

'python build.py -q /usr/lib/qt3 -b /home/jerome/rpm/tmp/PyQt-buildroot -l
qt-mt -m /usr/bin/make'

and got the message :

"
**
Generating the C++ source for the qt module.
**
**
Error: /home/jerome/rpm/BUILD/PyQt-3.3/sip failed with an exit code of 127.
**'

If I use the option " -b /usr/bin", it succeed in creating make file but it
fail in make because it try to copy files in /usr/ and I was to logged as
root.

Few weeks ago, I saw a thread about this subject but at this date I was not
interested by this.
Some one send also a patch for build.py but I failed in patching it.

Thx

    Jerome