[PyKDE] Runtime issues on SuSE 8.1

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Wed Oct 16 09:15:01 BST 2002

On 15-Oct-02 Marc Schmitt wrote:
> On Dienstag, 15. Oktober 2002 21:37, Jim Bublitz wrote:
>> The string "mJ0J0ii" should be "mJ0J0i".

> Nope. I changed that (and some randomly some other permutation of
> that occurance within khtml*.sip) but without success.

I'm not sure what you mean here - the 'ii' means it's looking for
two ints passed in, but only one is passed in PyKDE (the second from
the original declaration was a bool *, which PyKDE *returns* as a
value in a tuple). "ii" is only wrong if only one int is expected
in the arg list; it would be correct for two ints in the arglist,
which isn't the case here.

>> I don't know what a 'non-POD type' is, so the error msg isn't
>> very helpful at the moment. Generally, you couldn't have gone
>> that far unless almost everything else was working - this is
>> one of the last few modules in the build. It could also be due
>> to a change in KDE 3.0.4 (I don't have the source to check
>> yet), in which case commenting out the paint method should
>> take care of it temporarily.

> Also did that, or at least tried to but the error remains. But
> with this point I'm not quite sure if it was in the right file,
> as I modified

> PyKDE-3.3.2/sip/khtmlview.sip,

> but it complains about khtml_part.sip.

Ooops! My mistake (in more ways than one). The exact same code is
in khtml_part.sip (cut and pasted, I'm sure), so you might try
another iteration of the same fixes but on khtml_part.sip instead.
It doesn't seem likely that the extra 'i' is the problem though -
I'm not sure what is. Anybody recognize the meaning of "non-POD
type"??

I was looking in the concatenated file and grabbed the wrong paint
method, but both have the error.

> I'll give it another try tomorrow,
> but this night I have to wait in sorrow.

I just recompiled on SuSE8.0/KDE3.0.3 for a Python update and had
no errors. I'll pick up KDE 3.0.4 tomorrow and see what's involved
in doing the update - probably not much. Then again, since I don't
know the real problem for certain, I may not get it fixed that way
either :(

Jim