[PyKDE] Debian packages location

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Sat Oct 5 03:47:01 BST 2002

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 03:09:12PM -0500, Frederick Polgardy Jr wrote:
> On Friday 04 October 2002 02:45 pm, you wrote:
> > The 3.3.2 version of PyKDE should work with sip/PyQt 3.4, so
> > there is no 3.4 release of PyKDE. The next release will be
> > for KDE 3.1.
>
> Sorry, my statement wasn't very clear.  I meant that I don't see *any*
> version of PyKDE for KDE3, not 3.4, not 3.3.2, not anything.  At least not
> on the official debian repository.
>
> What I found was python2.2-sip-qt3 (3.4), and python2.2-qt3 (3.3.2).

I'm still dealing with some problems with the Qt2 version of PyQt in the
repository. Some of the architectures fail to build (see
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=python-qt2). If I cannot manage to
resolve all those problems in a reasonable time, I'll upload Qt3 packages
anyway, but I'd like to get solutions to this integrated to the Qt3
packages before the first upload.

PyKDE packages will follow PyQt for Qt3 in the official repository.