[PyKDE] Installation problems. Summary of what I know so far.

James Supancic arrummzen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 30 17:12:01 GMT 2002

Will anyone help me get python KDE to work on my system? I installed the
RPMs but I still can not get it to work. When I try to run a program with
python2.2 I get the following output -
Traceback (most recent call last):
	File "./dclock.py", line 7, in ?
		from qt import *
	File "usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/qt.py", line 35, in ?
		import libsip
ImportError: /usr/lib/Python2.2/site/packages/libsip.so: undefined symbol:
Py_Fr
I installed all the RPMs. I also have python 1.5 installed, could this be
causing the problem? I am on red hat Linux version 7.3.
I was trying to build the libraries myself but that was a lot of trouble and
took a long time (about an hour, I can live with that if it works but I
don't have the time to keep messing around with it, I don't want to have to
repeatedly compile and test). I think I installed the RPMs correctly.
Also I am having trouble getting email from this mailing list so if you are
nice enough to reply pleas send your reply directly to me at
Arrummzen at hotmail.com (you mite also want to send it to the list).
Thank you for your time,
Arrummzen