[PyKDE] Re: eric3 python-site files not found

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Nov 28 21:28:01 GMT 2002

Hi Arno,

> what about subscribing PyKDE? Pretty low traffic ML.
>
> On Tuesday 26 November 2002 12:47, you wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > when single-stepping through some of my python files with eric3
> > I get an error dialog with the message
> >
> > The file
> > /var/tmp/python-2.2.1-build/usr/lib/python2.2/sre.py
> > could not be opened.
> >
> > I am using python-2.2.1-45 from SuSE 8.1. I also have the rpm
> > python-nothreads-2.2.1-45 installed, not sure whether that
> > maytters. The same python files run fine outside of eric3.
> >
> > The filename in the message looks like a leftover from a build.

I am using SuSE 8.1 as well and haven't seen the described behaviour so
far. Would it be possible for you, to send me one of your scripts that
fails to run. The only difference I can see from your description is,
that I don't have the python-nothreads-2.2.1-45 package installed. It
could be possible, that your Python tries to execute a script
compiled/optimized with one version with the other one. At the moment I
don't have any other clue.

> The problem seems to be related to the way, how eric resolves
> the path of the source (using the path provided in the *.py{c,o}
> files). This clashes with the way, SuSE built their python package,
> which leads to these strange messages from eric. I solved this
> problem with the attached script:

Hans-Peter, what do you mean by that. I am not aware of any special path
resolving in eric (but maybe that's deep in the old code that I haven't
touched).

Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach