[PyKDE] [ANN] New repository for non-official Debian packages

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Mon Nov 25 05:30:01 GMT 2002

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 05:18:02PM +0000, Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina wrote:

>   deb http://people.debian.org/~rcardenes sid main
>   deb-src http://people.debian.org/~rcardenes sid main

Now, the unstable repository contains the latest versions of
sip/QScintilla/PyQt. There're a couple of new packages:

  python2.1-qtext
  python2.2-qtext

Those contain the qtext.py module and matching libqtext*.so*, with the
bindings for QScintilla. They're apart because the package was getting too
big, and because the dependency on QScintilla. I've uploaded too packages
python-qt{3,ext}, with no python version. Those are only "dependency"
packages, that depend on whatever the default Python version is on a given
moment, to comply with Debian's Python Policy. Eric packages will come
next.

Please, ___DON'T___ upgrade to these packages until at least 12 hours
after reading this message, or reaching 2002-11-25 16:00 UTC, whatever
comes first :-), unless you're prepared to cope with a "little" problem
with python*-qt{3,ext}.postinst. I've fixed it and am recompiling right
now, but this is faaaaaar too late here where I live, and I've got to work
in a few hours, so I won't upload them in a while.

For Woody users I've added too:

   deb http://people.debian.org/~rcardenes woody main
   deb-src http://people.debian.org/~rcardenes woody main

Right now, I'm uploading PyQt for Qt2/Qt3 & Woody packages. So, any
Debian/Stable user should be able to play with those packages. I've not
yet tried to upgrade from the old python-pyqt package to the new ones,
BUT, apt should do it with only an apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade
(of course, it won't, only to embarrass me).