[PyKDE] KDE question: multimedia

Richard Jones rjones at ekit-inc.com
Thu Nov 21 08:41:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 21 Nov 2002 11:06 am, Richard Jones wrote:
> I'm poking around the KDE documentation, but not getting very far. I'd like
> to write a replacement for Noatun using PyKDE. I believe most of the
> grunt-work is actually handled by arts. Is anyone on this list knowledgable
> enough to give me some cluehints?

Wow. After some more poking around, I've found python wrappers for both MP3
and Ogg files (my primary interest). They both interface happily with OSS
too. Hmmm :)

MP3: http://spacepants.org/src/pymad/
Ogg: http://www.vorbis.com/download_unix.psp

    Richard

ps. found pymad from a submission to PyPI - it's already paying off :)