[PyKDE] Sip Backward Compatibility

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Wed Nov 20 11:20:01 GMT 2002

On Tuesday 19 November 2002 5:27 pm, Yannick Gingras wrote:

> Hi,
> 	I had 30 C++ class wraped in python with sip 3.2 on Mandrake 8.2.  They
> were working perfectly.  I recently upgraded to Mandrake 9.0 and to sip
> 3.4.  My PyQt applications work perfectly but I have a weird problem with
> the self wrapped classes.
>
> I don't have a libModuleNamec.so lib generated anymore, only a
> libModuleNamecmodule.so.
>
> I use automake and since I don't fully undersand the Makefile macros, I
> suspec that I may have made a mistake in my sip-generated Makefile.am .

The only (possibly significant) change I can think of is that in later
versions of SIP the module proxy header file is moc'ed and linked separately,
which may require changes to your Makefile.am generation.

What I'd suggest though, is to use qmake instead. The current way of doing it
is simpler - and if you build a .pro template that is more specific to your
setup then you won't need any of the @BL_*@ macro processing that I have to
deal with.