[PyKDE] Segmentation fault, when compiling with gcc-3.2

Marc Schmitt littlewisp at gmx.net
Mon Nov 11 22:08:00 GMT 2002

On Montag, 11. November 2002 21:35, Willi Richert wrote:
> On Monday 11 November 2002 21:20, Marc Schmitt wrote:
> > On Montag, 11. November 2002 21:06, Willi Richert wrote:
> > > everytime I instantiate a QApplication object I get a segfault.
> > > I compiled it using qt-3.0.5 and gcc-3.2
> >
> > Are you using SuSE 8.1 ?
> >
> > -Marc
>
> yes

Hehe, there's nothing wrong at all, at least with your compilation. :)

SuSE's Qt lib has a bug when opened dynamically, so the best way to fix it is
to upgrade your system by using YOU.

If you can't upgrade, do

export KDE_MALLOC=0
./youPyQtApp.py

which will work around it too. Btw, you don't have to compile PyQt on your
own, as SuSE Packages have been provided by Hans-Peter at
http://www.lisa-gmbh.de. (or alternativly by following the links on
http://pykde.sourceforge.net )