[PyKDE] Problem building PyQt under debian (sid)

Ricardo Javier Cardenes Medina rcardenes at debian.org
Wed Nov 6 14:51:01 GMT 2002

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 01:46:45PM -0600, Michael Ledet wrote:

> I'm getting an error from build.py claiming that the compiler doesn't support
> no_exceptions..
>
> Any ideas?

> Checking to see if the C++ compiler supports -fno-exceptions.

> make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/mkspecs/linux-g++/qmake.conf', needed
> by `Makefile'.  Stop.

As you can see, this is a _path_ problem, not a compiler one (mkspecs is
at /usr/share/qt, not /usr). You can either use the packages on unstable
(python2.1-qt3 / python2.2-qt3), or get my source package to see what
changes I've done to make PyQt compile on Debian's environment (This is
not the only problem you will face).

If you need packages for Stable, then:

  apt-get -b source python-qt3 # deb-src pointing to unstable

Or wait a few days. I'm building a Stable compilation environment and will
produce packages for stable/woody.