[PyKDE] Qt designer static images and pyQt

Amir Michail amichail at cse.unsw.edu.au
Wed Nov 6 00:41:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I was wondering what the standard way of
including static images is in a pyQt application.

I have tried including a static image in a dialog
designed by Qt designer and then using the -embed
option in pyuic (pyQt 3.1).  However, this resulted in several problems:

* it generated incorrect code (there's a missing str on a QString comparison
                                           with a python string)
* even after fixing this, only the first 1/3 or so of the image appeared
correctly; the rest was garbled

What is the standard way of doing this with Qt designer/pyQt?  Do I need
to use pyuic -embed at all?  (I believe if I don't use it, the image doesn't
appear at all in the dialog --- perhaps due to a path problem?)

Amir