[PyKDE] BUG - disconnect

Kaleb Pederson kibab at icehouse.net
Mon Nov 4 15:01:00 GMT 2002

On Sunday 03 November 2002 12:13 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 October 2002 12:46 am, Kaleb Pederson wrote:
> > Disconnect doesn't seem to work as expected.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > which are all very similar to the documentation examples.  SIP can't seem
> > to tell which method really should be called, and None and 0 aren't
> > accepted as valid wild cards so I can't really give it the parameters
> > that I need.
>
> It just isn't supported. I've updated the TODO list and the documentation.

Thanks.  Although it isn't usually necessary, it will be nice to have.  There
is a bug in PyQt with respect to connections being removed when the
associated object has been deleted. But I'll try to post some example code
within the week.

Basically, if I create a parentless object and connect signals to it.  Upon
deletion of the object, any signals that would thereafter have gone to it
result in a sip runtime error saying the C++ object has been deleted.

--Kaleb