[PyKDE] SIP 3.2.3 on windows

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen at narex.com
Tue May 14 22:07:00 BST 2002

I'm having problems with the SIP generated code on windows. The
generated code looks like (.h):

extern SIP_MODULE_EXTERN char
sipName_NrxDataTypes_findMostRecentScoringInstance[];
extern SIP_MODULE_EXTERN char sipName_NrxDataTypes_getNarexOwnerId[];
extern SIP_MODULE_EXTERN char sipName_NrxDataTypes_getNarexId[];

and (.cpp):

char sipName_NrxDataTypes_findMostRecentScoringInstance[] =
"findMostRecentScoringInstance";
char sipName_NrxDataTypes_getNarexOwnerId[] = "getNarexOwnerId";
char sipName_NrxDataTypes_getNarexId[] = "getNarexId";

and msvc complains about "warning C4273: inconsistent dll linkage.
dllexport assumed."

If I change SIP_MODULE_EXTERN to SIP_EXPORT everything works fine (is
that a correct solution?) I tried defining SIP_MAKE_MODULE_DLL, but that
had no effect.

-- bjorn