[PyKDE] I Wish To Register A Complaint

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun May 12 18:10:00 BST 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Phil Thompson wrote:

> So, why don't users want to test pre-releases and release candidates?
>
> I'd like some feedback on this problem - what would motivate you as a
> user to test a beta version with your application?
[...]

It seems to be possible (as of PyQt 3.0.0) to build PyQt against a version
of sip that was build against the wrong version of Qt, without finding out
the problem until 'make install'.  Actually, I suppose if I'd thought
about it and just rebuilt siplib, it would have worked without needing to
recompile PyQt... anyway, it would be nice if the PyQt build could
explicitly point out that siplib needs rebuilding.

John