[PyKDE] Re: I Wish To Register A Complain

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Thu May 9 20:51:00 BST 2002

On 09-May-02 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> I am keeping two versions at the moment: in /usr the version SuSE
> packages, and in /usr/local the latest version I managed to
> compile. Works perfectly, as long as I remember to use the right
> python.

You have two different Python installations then? That's pretty
much how I'm set up too, and I never remember which is the right
Python version. Since libsip now goes in python/site-packages, that
works well (sip 3.1 and after).

The (future) problem is that PyKDE requires the executable version
of sip, and there's no easy standard way keep multiple versions of
that installed, so I end up uninstalling/re-installing anyway. That
also seems the easiest for those who don't want to keep two
separate versions of Python or manipulate PythonPath/sys.path. It
only takes a minute or two to switch versions.

Jim