[PyKDE] Newbie trying to install PyQT + SIP

Kirby Urner urnerk at qwest.net
Mon May 6 10:53:01 BST 2002

Have Mandrake distro 8.2, Python 2.2, w/ KDE3 manually added.  Wondered
if KDE3 is why configure bombs or if I'm just having other version mixup
problems or what.

Doing:

 ../configure --with-qt-includes=/usr/lib/qt3/include \
 --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/qt3/lib

Chugs along fine through a lot of it, then getting (reading from log):

  configure:10159: checking for Qt version >= 143 and < 200
  configure:10203: error: "incompatible Qt version"

I tried to read configure and it seems to be doing something more
complicated that just testing QT_VERSION (lines commented out).
But I don't really comprendo what it's all about.

Installed SIP first, no problems.  Qt3 Designer app off KDE3 Developer
menu appears to work.  Says I'm using Qt 3.0.3 -- shouldn't that be within
the scope of PyQt-3.2 (which I downloaded from from RiverBank just now)?

Any help appreciated.  Newbie level if possible.

Kirby