[PyKDE] Windows build problems: QCanvasSpline

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 09:00:51 GMT 2002

greg Landrum wrote:

> [Configuration: Python 2.1.1, Win2K,MSVC++,Qt-Win-3.0.1 Evaluation,PyQt
> 3.1, Sip3.1]
>
> I wanted to test the cross-platform promise of my little PyQt app this
> morning, so I pulled down and installed the Qt 3.0.1 evaluation version for
> windows (3.0.3 is not, to the best of my knowledge, available for eval on
> windows) and then built PyQt 3.1.  Following the directions to do the build
> was pretty painless (aside from the amount of Makefile editing which is
> required), but I ended up with this problem:

> ActivePython 2.1.1, build 212 (ActiveState)
> Python 2.1.1 (#20, Jul 26 2001, 11:38:51) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>  >>> from qt import *
>  >>> from qtcanvas import *
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>    File "c:\Python21\Lib\site-packages\qtcanvas.py", line 95, in ?
>      libqtcanvasc.sipRegisterClasses()
> SystemError: Unable to find class object for QCanvasSpline
>
> (okay, so I didn't follow the directions exactly, I put the qt modules in
> Lib/site-packages instead of in Lib)
>
> Any ideas?  Is this a 3.0.1 vs 3.0.3 issue?

It's looking for the QCanvasSpline Python class object in the qtcanvas
module dictionary. This *should* always succeed. Check qtcanvas.py just
to make sure QCanvasSpline is defined as a class.

However - did you re-build the PyQt sources? I have not distributed a
source package for Qt v3.0.1 - only for Qt v3.0.2 (and later). Then
again if you didn't then I wouldn't have expected it to compile at all.