[PyKDE] __record_needed_destruction

John Marshall John.Marshall at ec.gc.ca
Mon Mar 25 19:28:22 GMT 2002

Hi,

I have been trying to get PyQt going on an SGI
machine running IRIX 6.5 with an SGI C++ compiler.
Because Python is C-based, and Qt is C++-based, there
arises a problem with object creation/destruction,
thus the unresolved __record_needed_destruction call.
Has anyone successfully gotten PyQt going on
a configuration like I have?

Note: I have gotten the python binary to link the
__record_needed_destruction code but using 'nm' it
shows up as HIDDEN, which may or may not be relevant.
Regardless, even with it in the object, it is
not used to resolve the call.

Using:
	sip-3.0
	qt-3.0.2