[PyKDE] potentially bad interactions with re module

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 21 20:23:53 GMT 2002

greg landrum wrote:

> Hrm... It's actually worse/better than my previous message implied:
> Python 2.1.2c1 (#6, Jan 17 2002, 14:22:45)
> [GCC 3.0.3] on linux2
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

> Python 2.1.2c1 (#6, Jan 17 2002, 14:22:45)
> [GCC 3.0.3] on linux2

> This is beginning to make me think my PyQt build is completely screwed
> up, despite the fact that I built it according to the instructions.
>
> Any ideas?

All of your examples (even the one that appeared to work in your first
email) should do the following...

QPaintDevice: Must construct a QApplication before a QPaintDevice
Aborted

...so I suppose it might be a problem in the handling of the program
exit.

I don't know what other people's experience of gcc v3 is - I'm still on
2.95.2.