[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt v3.3rc2

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Jun 29 16:34:00 BST 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002 14:06:30 +0100
"Phil Thompson" <phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> v3.3rc2 of SIP and PyQt are now available from their respective download
> pages. Changes include...
>
> - the build system does not use -fno-rtti by default
> - Hans-Peter Jansen's SQL examples
> - Detlev Offenbach's updates to eric
> - other minor build system fixes
>
> eric is not installed by default. Now that Detlev has revived it I'll
> change this for the final release.
>
> Again - *please* test the new build system.

So far no problems, a slight inconsistency of the new build system is
the message about the now redundant make install step (here). But it
does no harm either.

OTOH, I needed fixes to pyuic3 (attached) to get SQL based forms going
again. To make things easier, I've thrown them into the examples package.
Funny is, that they originate exactly from the problem, Andreas Kloeckner
described his week, and I've missed in my former patch...

BTW: I think, hunk #3 is still correct, as it refers to controls, which
should be accessible from derived classes, doesn't they?

> Phil

Hans-Peter