[PyKDE] eric - the PyQt debugger

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Thu Jun 27 21:44:00 BST 2002

Hi all,

i found the eric debugger included in PyQt to be an excellent start of a
graphical python debugger especially because it allows you to debug PyQt
applications. Unfortunately Phil put it on ice. Because I was looking
for a beast like this (I dont't like idle and BlackAdder is Qt 2 only at
the moment) I started to fix some broken code, to make it work under Qt3
and to extend the functionality. It is not feature complete yet but in a
usable state (at least that's my opinion). I sent all the patches to
Phil and he will include them in PyQt 3.3rc2.

I kindly ask you to give it a try and report ideas for improvement,
report bugs (together with testcases to reproduce them) or send patches.
Maybe we can grow the baby.

Regards
Detlev
--