[PyKDE] self.trUtf8("<string>")

Karl myonlyb at gmx.net
Tue Jun 18 23:35:00 BST 2002

Hi!

I have build a project using the Qt Designer for Qt 2.3. When I compile the
.ui file with pyuic, it uses the function self.trUtf8("<string>") for
captions of Buttons etc.

When I want to use the class created, python tells me that there is an
"attribute error" in all the lines where this Utf8 is used. When i just
remove the function call and use the string itself, everything works fine.
But this is of course not a solution as I would have to replace all
occurances everytime after recompiling the .ui file.

What's wrong and what can I do?

  Tnx
   Karl