[PyKDE] pyqt sql table3 problem

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sat Jun 15 18:29:00 BST 2002

Hi all,

while diving into the wonderful world of sql featured PyQt-3.2.4,
I've tried to convert the sql/table3 example from qt 3.0.4 into python.

While thinking, that I've done the conversion correctly (I'm pretty
new on mind translation c++ to python, so please be patient), it
just behaves different to the c++ version. The subject of this example
is a custom combobox editor for QDataTable. In the c++ version,
the combobox pops it up correctly, when double clicking on a status
field, while the python version simply does ignore this.

What's wrong with it?

For your convenience, I've attached both, the sqltable3.py script,
and a testdb.sql to offer an instant starting point. Please edit
DB variables on top of sqltable3.py to fit your needs, and populate
the database with mysql < testdb.sql. The script expects to have the
right database plugin compiled for qt. I've configured qt additionally
with:
-plugin-sql-mysql -I /usr/include/mysql -L /usr/lib/mysql
on my SuSE 7.3 setup.

To Phil: sqltable3.py is prepared to go into the example section,
if it works some day. Any objections?

Cheers,
  Hans-Peter