[PyKDE] PyKDE with KDE 3.0.1?

John J. Lee jjl at pobox.com
Sun Jun 2 21:10:00 BST 2002

I tried building PyKDE 3.2.4 against KDE 3.0.1, and it refuses to build.
I realise Jim hasn't updated it yet for this KDE version, but is this
really necessary -- isn't it possible to just give a warning during
configure, and go ahead and build anyway?  I presume 3.0.1 isn't
monumentally different from 3.0.0, so that most / all of it should build,
even if the wrapper is missing some new features?

Niggle: The `build' script has /usr/bin/python in the #! line.

#!/usr/bin/env python

is more standard, since as I'm sure you (Jim) know, it will find Python
wherever it may be hiding.

John