[PyKDE] Listview problem? (segfault)

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Tue Jul 30 21:59:01 BST 2002

On 30-Jul-02 Bart Verwilst wrote:
> Ow yeah, btw, i'm running QT 3.0.4 and PyQT 3.3.2

> On Tuesday 30 July 2002 18:14, Bart Verwilst wrote:
>|| I finally got an example!!!
>|| I noticed that everything goes fine untill i move my mouse or
>|| something...
>|| Please check it out...

I'm not particularly knowledgeable on threading - will the 'Run'
method call that generates all of the QListViewItems return
immediately? If not, there is no Qt event loop running to process
events, and a mouse move will generate a flood of events.

There are basically three potential problem areas: QListViewItems,
threading, and event processing.

The first thing I'd try is to activate the creation of
QListViewItems from a button click or something similar
(non-threaded), so that the event loop is already running. I'd also
process events periodically - since you have a delay in the loop
that creates the objects, I'd probably force event processing every
iteration. Without the delay, I'd still do it periodically (every
50 or 100 iterations).

As far as threading, I'd also make sure PyQt was linked to libqt-mt
when built (not libqt) - you can use ldd on libqtcmodule.so to
verify that. build.py includes a switch for choosing the lib linked
to.

Jim