[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt 3.3 Released
phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 8 10:56:01 BST 2002
SIP and PyQt 3.3 have now been released and are available from their
respective download pages at http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/.
Aside from a fairly small set of bug fixes, the highlights of this
release are all related to programmer productivity.
- Thanks to Detlev Offenbach, eric the debugger is alive and well and
greatly enhanced with things like conditional breakpoints and the
ability to debug Python console applications. See the screenshots at
- Thanks to Hans-Peter Jansen, a number of examples of Qt SQL classes
and data aware widgets have been added. These include a database browser
and query submitter in about 180 lines of Python.
- Thanks to Christian Bird, you can now enter Python code into Qt
Designer and pyuic will extract the code and merge it with that
generated automatically from your GUI design.
The build system has been completely re-written so that they are now
identical under Windows and UNIX. With this comes a number of benefits.
- PyQt is now distributed as a single source package less than a fifth
of the size of previous versions, instead of a package for each
supported version of Qt.
- If your compiler and system can handle it, the build system will take
a fast build (-c) option. With gcc 2.95.2 on a 750MHz 256M PIII PyQt
takes 10 minutes to compile.
More information about the PyQt