[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt 3.3rc3

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Fri Jul 5 22:36:01 BST 2002

Am Mittwoch, 3. Juli 2002 21:30 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> On Wednesday 03 July 2002 20:02, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > The 3rd (and hopefully last) 3.3 release candidate is now available
> > on the website.
> >
> > Major PyQt changes since 3.3rc2...
> >
> > The build system now takes a -c flag which concatenates a module's
> > C++ files together. Compiling PyQt on my 750MHz PIII now takes only
> > 10 minutes - so there is no excuse not to test it. :)
>
> It's unbelievable... Only six minutes. And 130 megs of memory, which
> makes me glad I no longer develop on Essle, a machine with on 64 megs.
> Maybe I'm just elated by this, but the running PyQt apps also feels a
> quicker.
>
> > Detlev Offenbach is now maintaining eric and has been adding lots of
> > new features.
>
> That's really great! I've always found eric a lovely little debugger.

Me too and that's why I am playing around with it. I am trying to make
 it a real debugger (not just a lovely little one). Boudewijn, I think
 in erics current state you have to rewrite a chapter of your book (this
 book brought me into this situation).

Once eric is feature complete (if this is possible) I have the vision to
extend it further to become something like a Python IDE. Suggestions and
help for this would be highly appreciated. I am specially looking for a
good editor written in python using PyQt with python syntax highlighting
and most of the other stuff.

But first let's get eric mature. You can help in this by using it and
sending me bugreports and possibly fixes for these bugs.

Regards
Detlev
--
Detlev Offenbach