[PyKDE] sip 3.2.4 yacc issue w/configure in FreeBSD 4.6

Steve Simmons scs at di.org
Fri Jul 5 00:46:01 BST 2002

I've just completed a FreeBSD ports format of sip 3.2.4 that passes
all the FreeBSD requirements for a well-formed port.  One issue came
up during the ./configure run:

    . . .
    checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
    checking lex output file root... lex.yy
    checking whether yytext is a pointer... ./configure[3449]: cat: lex.yy.c: read error [Inappropriate ioctl for device]
    no
    checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd4.6
    checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd4.6
    . . .

As far as I can tell this is strictly cosmetic (ie, no actual problem
occurs during the build).  I'll dive into it and some point to grok
the cause, but right now it's behind other things on my list.  If anyone
has already figured it out, please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve