[PyKDE] ANN: SIP/PyQt 3.3rc3

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 3 20:07:00 BST 2002

The 3rd (and hopefully last) 3.3 release candidate is now available on
the website.

Major PyQt changes since 3.3rc2...

The build system now takes a -c flag which concatenates a module's C++
files together. Compiling PyQt on my 750MHz PIII now takes only 10
minutes - so there is no excuse not to test it. :)

Detlev Offenbach is now maintaining eric and has been adding lots of new
features.

There have been some fairly large changes to SIP - more than I would
have liked between release candidates but were needed for the new build
system to support Qt configurations with features disabled (ie. the Zaurus).