[PyKDE] PyQt 3 on Mac?

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 11:38:55 GMT 2002

Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm evaluating options about building an application which has to run on
> Windows, Mac and Linux/Unix.  Can I use PyQt to build an application
> which will run on these platforms?

I haven't ported PyQt to the Mac because I don't have a development
platform - hardware and software. The incremental development of PyQt I
can handle in my spare time, but the major upgrades (like the port to
Windows and support for Qt3) have always depended on financial support
from interested companies. (Hint, hint)

Doing the port itself will be fairly trivial.

Note that Qt is for Mac X >=10.

BTW, the delay in producing a proper Windows port for Qt 3 is simply a
question of dealing with the new build process Trolltech introduced
(qmake etc). The real problem was Sharp giving me a Zaurus before
Christmas which rather distracted me :)