[PyKDE] ANN: PyQt v3.1pre2

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Wed Feb 20 13:39:19 GMT 2002

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 07:33 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:

> Because they have moved now that the SIP library is a Python module. See
> the v3.1pre1 announcement.
>
> Have you installed the latest SIP (v3.1pre1)?

No.

Funny, I had a breakthrough thought with PyQt 3.0 that got me to compile it
correctly. It was that perhaps sip and PyQt need to both be compiled for the
same version of Python, or they won't work together. I got them compiled
together, and everything worked beautifully.

Why couldn't I see that the same would go for the v3.1pre releases? =)

I installed sip v3.1pre1, no prob. I am compiling PyQt v3.1pre2 right now.
(It takes longer to compile than my attention span - but it looks okay!)

Thanks Phil.

Jonathan