[PyKDE] ANN: PyQt v3.1pre2

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Wed Feb 20 03:42:28 GMT 2002

On Sunday 17 February 2002 10:37 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> PyQt v3.1pre2 is now available at
> http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/download/snapshots.
>
> Just a couple of changes in this release...
>
> - the addition of QPixmap.grabWidget()
>
> - a bug fix to pyuic for Qt v3 relating to the handling of "black" and
> "white"
>
> There is no update to SIP.

I tried compiling this...

First, ./configure was looking for sip headers and libraries... did other
versions do this? If so, why couldn't this one find them, but previous ones
could?

No big problem. I told it with options that the headers were in the
usr/local/include/sip directory, and that the libraries were in
/usr/local/lib directory. It went ahead and configured okay.

Then came the compile. It produced a ton of errors on the first file
(qtcmodule.cpp). Here is a sample:

In file included from sipqtQPixmap.h:40,
                 from sipqtQBitmap.h:40,
                 from sipqtQCursor.h:40,
                 from sipqtQt.h:40,
                 from qtcmodule.cpp:35:
sipqtQPaintDevice.h:43: syntax error before `;'

This repeats several times for different headers.

Then I get this:

qtcmodule.cpp:5791: `sipClassAttrTab_QWorkspace' was not declared in this
scope

for a lot of different things. Is there a missing header?

I would like to run sip on the files, but "make rebuild-src" doesn't seem to
work at all.

Jonathan