[PyKDE] RH 8.0 ?

Jonathan Gardner jgardn at alumni.washington.edu
Fri Dec 20 19:08:01 GMT 2002

On Friday 20 December 2002 09:02 am, Eli Carter wrote:
> Doug Bell wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 10:48:49AM -0700, Jim Bublitz wrote:
> >>If anyone has built sip/PyQt/PyKDE on the new RH 8.0, I'd be
> >>interested to hear the results.

Interesting... I can't seem to find the original post... anyways...

I haven't built PyQt or sip or PyKDE for RH 8.0. However, there is no reason
why it shouldn't work as far as I know.

Two things you may notice with the RedHat RPMs that RedHat provides:
1) They build PyQt and sip against Python 1.5. It is very unlikely you will
want to use Python 1.5.
2) PyKDE probably doesn't work.

The major thing you may need to do to get PyKDE to work properly is patch up
the sip files to match whatever "version" of KDE RedHat uses. They have, in
the past, incorporated only part of some updates to KDE, rendering the KDE
version number useless. I had to go through each header file in KDE and match
it with the sip file in PyKDE and make sure it was running the right version
for each possibility.

--
Jonathan Gardner
jgardn at alumni.washington.edu