[PyKDE] eric on rawhide

Greg Fortune lists at gregfortune.com
Fri Dec 20 19:05:00 GMT 2002

On Friday 20 December 2002 09:09 am, jj at void.si wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> > If RedHat hasn't changed things much, they probably still include python
> > 1.52  on their systems.  You might check that the libaries got installed
> > into the  correct python.  If not, you get to compile everything ;o)
>
> rawhide is python2.2.2 distribution and i removed 1.5.2 when updating.

Wonderful!  I've got some 7.1 systems I'm maintaining and they're a nightmare
:)

> > python

> this works

> and this is not working
>
> >  You'll probably have to compiled sip/PyQt/QScintilla by hand...
>
> Why all has to be rebuild not just QScintilla? I finally got clean
> instalation. I thing that rebuilding from source is a deployment and
> maintenance nightmare.

Your only other option is to find a RPM of QScintilla compiled against your
Qt library version, a RPM of sip compiled against a Qt with QScintilla
included, and a RPM of PyQt compiled against that sip...  Probably doesn't
exist, but you're welcome to go searching.

If you really want to stay away from source, you'd probably be better off
just sticking with the base install that distributors such as RedHat
provide...

Greg