[PyKDE] Installation problems with PyQT on Windows (DLL Load Failed)

Feroze Mohamed Arif feroze_arif at pacific.net.sg
Fri Dec 20 04:18:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

I downloaded the latest binary for PyQT (PyQt-win-nc-3.5.exe) and installed
it with Python v2.2.2.  The installation went off smoothly without any
problems.  I pointed the installation to d:\python22 and the qt module files
and libsip.dll got installed under D:\Python22\Lib\site-packages while the
examples and tutorials got installed under D:\Python22\PyQt.  When I tried
running the examples (aclock.py) I got the following trace back:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"D:\PYTHON22\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 301, in RunScript
    exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__
  File "D:\Python22\PyQt\Examples\aclock.py", line 4, in ?
    from qt import *
  File "D:\PYTHON22\lib\site-packages\qt.py", line 28, in ?
    import libsip
ImportError: DLL load failed: One of the library files needed to run this
application cannot be found.

As I understand it PyQT-win-nc-3.5.exe contains the SIP binary and I can see
the libsip.dll file but there seems to be some problem.  I tried doing a
regsvr32 libsip.dll but I got an "LoadLibrary libsip.dll failed.
GetLastError returns 0x00000485".

I am currently running on Windows 98 and have installed
QtWin230-NonCommercial.

I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me out.

Best Regards
F.M. Arif
Jar Jar Binks will be Jedi!