[PyKDE] Re: [C++-sig] Can boost.python and PyQt be used toge

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Fri Dec 13 19:41:01 GMT 2002

On 13-Dec-02 Paul F. Kunz wrote:

>> I don't think that's really the right conclusion... or at least,
>> it masks something much deeper.

> You might be right here.   Although I got my Qt Window to work
> with PyQt by using SIP under Linux, I'm still having trouble
> under Windows.   It is not Python crash however, it is something
> about QPainter being used on a device which already has a
> QPainter.

Are you sure that you only have a single QApplication instance and
that both Boost.Python and PyQt are referencing the same
QApplication instance? That's QPainter related somewhat (if you try
to instantiate a QWidget with no QApplication instance, the error
will be from QPainter, for example).

QApplication also sets up the event loop (there should be only one
of those too).

Jim