[PyKDE] Sharp Zaurus support

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Thu Dec 12 16:35:00 GMT 2002

On Thursday 12 December 2002 3:08 pm, Greg Fortune wrote:
> I'm considering putting together a PyQt based app for the Sharp Zaurus and
> would like to know what kind of success people have had.  Is the Zaurus
> version of PyQt based on Qt 3.x or on one of the Qt 2.x series?  Is the
> Zaurus version trimmed down in any way or do I get all the features that I
> would have available to a desktop app?  From reading the Qtopia info on
> trolltech, it appears that Qt Embedded should support all the functionality
> of the main Qt library, but I still don't see anywhere explaining what
> version QtE is based on...  Thanks for any info.

The version of Qt is 2.3.3. However, a hardware vendor can fine tune the
configuration any number of ways. The following is a list of disabled
features on the Zaurus...

QT_NO_CODECS
QT_NO_COLORDIALOG
QT_NO_DIAL
QT_NO_DOM
QT_NO_DRAGANDDROP
QT_NO_IMAGE_TEXT
QT_NO_INPUTDIALOG
QT_NO_FILEDIALOG
QT_NO_FONTDIALOG
QT_NO_MIMECLIPBOARD
QT_NO_NETWORKPROTOCOL
QT_NO_PICTURE
QT_NO_PRINTDIALOG
QT_NO_PRINTER
QT_NO_PROGRESSDIALOG
QT_NO_PROPERTIES
QT_NO_SEMIMODAL
QT_NO_SIZEGRIP
QT_NO_SPLITTER
QT_NO_STYLE_CDE
QT_NO_STYLE_INTERLACE
QT_NO_STYLE_MOTIF
QT_NO_STYLE_MOTIFPLUS
QT_NO_STYLE_PLATINUM
QT_NO_STYLE_SGI
QT_NO_TRANSFORMATIONS
QT_NO_WIZARD
QT_NO_WORKSPACE
QT_NO_THREAD_SUPPORT

The only way to know how the detail of how each of these affects Qt is to look
at the source - but most refer to whole classes so it's not too difficult to
work out.