[PyKDE] Are Python extenstions built with SIP and Boost.Python in compatible?

Rob Hooft rob at hooft.net
Wed Dec 11 21:51:00 GMT 2002

Phil Thompson wrote:
>>   Is it a known problem that you can not mix SIP extensions with
>>Boost.Python ones?   If so, are there any work arounds?
>

> I don't think it's a known problem because I'd be surprised if anybody had
> tried it before.

I have seen that a lot of discussion has followed this argument on the
list, but it is challenging enough to respond anyway (even though I know
Zip about either sip or boost internals): A Madison colleague of mine
has made this work for our project. We're using both Boost and PyQt (The
old free 3.2.4 version).

Regards,

Rob

--