[PyKDE] Re: [C++-sig] Can boost.python and PyQt be used together?

Paul F. Kunz Paul_Kunz at SLAC.Stanford.EDU
Tue Dec 10 16:39:00 GMT 2002

> On Tuesday 10 December 2002 10:47 am, David Abrahams wrote:
>> Phil Thompson <phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk> writes: > Another
>> possible conflict, perhaps more likely, is the two modules >
>> fighting over the Qt API.
>>
>> Could you be a little more specific about what this might mean?

> Not really - just an uncomfortable feeling about events being
> dispatched from an object wrapped by one module to an object wrapped
> by another module that calls a virtual re-implemented in the first
> module etc, etc.

   In Boost.Python terms, my CanvasWindow module is

	class_ < CanvasWindow > ( "CanvasWindow" )
	  .def ( "show", &CanvasWindow::show )
	  .def ( "fileNew", &CanvasWindow::fileNew )
	  ;

In SIP terms that's
   class CanvasWindow
   {
   public:
   CanvasWindow ();
   void show();
   void fileNew ( const std::string & );
   };

In C++, CanvasWindow inherits from CanvasWindowBase created by Qt
Designer which inherits from QMainWindow.   All the above member
functions are virtual.